Monthly Archives: October 2006
My dress for Halloween and the fall SCA event has not arrived.
Not such a big deal, right. I mean, there are people starving in Africa. But this dress was being custom made and I’ve waited A YEAR to get it.
The lady making it has had some health issues, and I totally understand that. So I didn’t press her to have it ready last May for the event then. And I didn’t press her to have it ready in July for the event then. Didn’t go to those anyway, so who cares.
But I’m going to this one. And I’ve been really looking forward to wearing this dress.
And it wouldn’t be so bad if she would just email me and say “sorry, I just didn’t get it done” but she has had NOTHING to say. Nothing.
And now I’m stalking the postman and the runner. Neither of which are amused.
1. FIRST NAME? Melanie
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Think Gone With the Wind.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? A couple of weeks ago on the anniversary of my best friend’s death.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sometimes, but when my arthritis is bothering me it’s chicken scratch.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I don’t eat lunchmeat. Something wrong with it to me. I eat chicken salad tho.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? No, I’d probably hate my guts. Seriously, yes, I think I would.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Not anymore. Just a blog and my LJ
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Maybe if there was a lot of money in it.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Pops
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes – because they are so tight I can’t do it otherwise.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I’m the 130 pound weakling physically. Mentally and emotionally, yes, I’m iron.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate Fudge Brownie
14. SHOE SIZE? 8.5
15. RED OR PINK? Most days it’s red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Umm, probably that I tend to be too logical and therefore some people take me as distant and uncaring.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My pop pop.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I expect I’ll see it in several blogs.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Camel colored top, dark brown wool slacks, and my cool tapestry boots with swirly sparkley things.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Reeses Peanut Butter Cup
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The receptionist on the paging system.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Black. You can never have enough black crayons or DMC 310.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? My DH after a shower.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Some crazy lady who couldn’t get it through her head she’d called an attorney’s offices not Time Warner Cable and NO, I couldn’t tell her about her bill.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Their hands.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Yes, and I would love to meet her in person someday!
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Diet Dr. Pepper
28. FAVORITE SPORT? I play nothing. I watch fencing.
29. EYE COLOR? Blue or green – depends on what I’m wearing.
30. HAT SIZE? Medium
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? If I don’t want to be able to see anything.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Chocolate. And Toast.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary Movies.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs. You can hug more people than you can kiss.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Chocolate
37. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Dunno.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Anony Moose.
39. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The Haunting of Hill House is my book on tape right now. And I’m also reading Night Flyers by George R.R. Martin and Quicksilver by Neil Stephenson.
40. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? A mouse.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Ghost Hunters.
42. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My DH playing his Bass. Quietly. In the other room.
43. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Stones
44. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Yosemite.
45. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Finding the root of the problem.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Ohio
47. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stolen from Annette
Salem Sisters by Plum Street Samplers:
My brother (actually half-brother) Peter came to visit this weekend. He’s pictured here, along with Bess, one of my dad’s dogs. Peter and I have a great relationship I think because we don’t share all the silly baggage that goes with most siblings. We did not grow up together. In fact, I think I learned that he existed when I was 13 years old. He’s a good bit older than I am, and we’ve always related as “adults”.
I also have a half-sister, Lucy. It’s really a joy to have the siblings without having to grow up with them 😉